Honda D Series Forum banner

DIY S2000 Cluster in EK/EJ including Bezel

143K views 86 replies 48 participants last post by  weresgyufa 
#1 · (Edited)
There's a pretty good write up on H-T but not a lot of pictures showing how people are making the bezel/trim to cover the gap. So here is a more descriptive step by step on how I made MY bezel.

1) AP1/AP2 Cluster - I got mines free! They usually go for around 250-300 with harness.
2) Material for the bezel - I used a thin sheet metal i found laying around.
3) Extra EK/EJ cluster - Thanks to vtec_bomber free of charge. You can use your old one if you don't care.

The AP1 cluster.

Stock cluster

Take the clear plastic lens off. It's held on by clips, just push them in and pull on the plastic lens.

Next do the same thing with the black housing.

Now put the stock black housing on top of the AP1 cluster. Surprisingly it fits damn well.

This is how it should look like with the dash cover on.

Making the bezel to cover the extra space.
Trace the material of your choice according to the stock black housing.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
In order to get the trace of the ap1 bezel, i removed it using the same method, from the ap1 cluster and traced it onto the sheet.

The bezel should fit tight into the stock housing.

Note you will need to drill 2 holes on the bezel to mount the bezel onto the ap1 cluster.

Bezel cut, then sanded with 320 grit.

Screw on the bezel onto the cluster via the previously drilled holes and then fit the black housing on.

Secure the housing onto the ap1 cluster (i used zip ties). On the other side too.

#3 · (Edited)
After test fitting it i realized that the ap1 cluster is actually thicker than the stock one. It was hitting the air duct so i had to cut an H to make more room. I also duct taped it to seal the vent.

After that ordeal put everything back. It's a tight fit but enjoy your new AP1 Cluster and Bezel. It will soon be painted flat black another day!!

And the link for the Video! Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZizFhu-jW8

#5 ·
damn thats pretty neat, definately waiting for the rest of the write up

Reactions: airride
#8 ·
Nice!

Reactions: Hellhatch
#20 ·
nice, very nice!
great stuff, rep for you
Thanks guys!

I need MOAR! haha you should take a vid of it in action :td:
I just got done wiring it all up, will have pictures and videos of final product.

and for the EG?!?!?
Sorry, i dont have an EG but i do have a friend that has one and wants to do the same. Whenever he does his i can take pictures and post up on here.

This is the baddest thing since sliced bread. I'm putting one in my rex. but first i have to find an s2k and steal his gauge cluster...
lol, but thanks

Nice man!

gonna look sick when its done!
Yep, thats the plan!

#30 ·
The wiring is a bit different but not by much iirc. Shit looks badass...

but the wiring for ap2 can be found here MarkLamond.co.uk - S2000 Cluster - S2000 Cluster 2004 Pinout

I use this one here from H-T

EK EK EK EK EK EK EK EK EK EK EK EK EK EK EK EK EK EK EK EK EK EK EK EK

Connector A ---------------------------------------------- EK harness

1 BLU/RED (Seat belt reminder) --------------------------- RED/BLU (A6 Seatbelt Light)

4 PNK (SRS) Connect to SRS wire, I don't know it. Or +12V power to turn off light.

6 YEL (Fuse 5) ------ONLY IN CANADA-ONLY IN CANADA-------- BLK/WHT (A15 IGNITION Power)

7 GRN/RED (Left turn signal (+)) ------------------------- GRN/RED (B7 Left Turn)

8 GRN/YEL (Right turn signal (+))------------------------- GRN/YEL (A4 RightTurn)

9 RED/WHT (High beam (+)) -------------------------------- RED/GRN (B6 Highbeam)

10 RED/BLU (High beam (-)) ------------------------------- BLK (A2 Ground)

11 BLU/BLK (Trunk indicator) ----------------------------- BLU/BLK (A3 Trunk Open)

Connector B

2 RED/YEL (Fuse 45) -------------------------------------- BLK/WHT (A15 IGNITION Power)

OK, B2 doesn't seem to do ANYTHING. I guess hook it up, I'll look for more details tomorrow.

B3 is the switch between bright and dim. I would connect it to (red/black B13 Gauge Lights)

3 RED/BLK ------------------------- +12 dims the cluster- RED/BLK B13 Lts On Input

4 YEL (Fuse 5) ------------------------------------------- BLK/WHT (A15 IGNITION Power)

5 WHT/RED (Fuse 25) -------------------------------------- BLK/WHT (A15 IGNITION Power)

6 GRN (Door Pin Input ground signal) ------------------ Door Pin Switch Find wire somewhere

8 BLK (Ground) ------------------------------------------- BLK (A2 Ground)

9 BLK (Ground) ------------------------------------------- BLK (A2 Ground)

10 RED (Circuit 12 – dash and console lights (-)) -------- BLK (A2 Ground)

Connector C

1 Wht/Blk VSS OUTPUT ------------------------------- Use to connect to regular speedo if ya want. Step down from high pulse rate to regular pulse rate.

3 BLU/WHT (Vehicle speed signal input (-)) --------------- Connect to VSS Converter

5 BLU (RPM signal input) --------------------------------- BLU (B8 Igniter Unit)

7 YEL/GRN (Coolant temp input) --------------------------- Connect to ECT Converter

8 YEL/BLK (Fuel gauge signal input) ---------------------- YEL/BLK (A10 Fuel Gauge)

15 BLU/YEL (Cruise control indicator (-)) ---------------- RED/BLU (E2 Cruise Control)

Connector D

8 BLU/RED (ABS indicator input) Connect to GROUND to turn off light or correct wire if you have it.

9 GRN/WHT (E-brake indicator) ---------------------------- GRN/RED (A5 Brake Light)

11 WHT/BLU (Charging system indicator (-)) --------------- WHT/BLU (A16 Charging Light)
(both batt and brake lights come on.)

12 BLK/YEL (Fuse 6) -------------------------------------- BLK/WHT (A15 IGNITION Power)

13 YEL/RED (Engine oil pressure switch input (-)) -------- YEL/RED (B3 Oil Pressure)

14 GRN/ORN (Malfunction indicator light (-)) ------------- GRN/ORG (B5 MIL Lamp)

16 WHT/RED (Fuse 25) ------------------------------------- BLK/WHT (A15 IGNITION Power)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.