Honda D Series Forum banner

Highest whp

2K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  1cam less 
#1 ·
d16y7 w/ stock sleeves, Vitaras, Eagles.... im just trying to find out the record for the most power made on a non vtec head (stock head)

#2 ·
It's probably in the 400-450 ball park.

#3 ·
lol i need to know a lil better then that im going to try to beat it or atleast know what im looking to beat... at most i want to do is springs to safely rev..

on the same hand to be able to run for a long time atleast a few summers at the track and on the street

#5 ·
also you would be better off at gettin fjt custom rods to make the power easier.

#7 ·
thats a tough call. with no actual vid of the motor up close you cant tell.
so im not going to say it is or isnt.

#10 ·
ya but its easy to say that. ive seen vids of cars that they say on the description that a civic has 600whp and on the dyno vid it has a power band of a cx motor.
but im not saying its bullshit since it very well could be. im just one of those people when i see it with my own eyes il believe it

#14 · (Edited)
ehh, those arent stock valve springs, not stock. OEM honda valve springs are stock. lol truth is truth!!! RPM can keep from you reachn a certain hp...

#15 ·
STOCK block, vs stock y7 is diff. stock block is the bottom end.

#16 · (Edited)
that is maxwell, and he is sleeved, punched out, oversized valves, the whole shibang.. i have seen this car run in person, and i believe he is from canada... also 400hp on a non-vtec set-up and your going to race it at the track and street it?? and you want it to last a couple years.. thats going to be a tough one alone, because having a cam that will compete in the 400hp range for a non-vtec head is going to be very hard to street.

#17 ·
for it to be streetable to me mean that i can drive it to the track or if someones running on and on about there cars fast...
stock block i mean sleeves
and as for the head i want to see what i can make on the stock (everything stock) then do springs and slowy do my head

#19 ·
for it to be streetable to me mean that i can drive it to the track or if someones running on and on about there cars fast...
stock block i mean sleeves
and as for the head i want to see what i can make on the stock (everything stock) then do springs and slowy do my head
gotcha, yeah i know you meant stock sleeves, but seing someone posted videos of maxwell's car being the highest non vtec set-up is uncomparable to yours....

it will be very hard to push 400hp through a stock y7 ported head and cam.. trust me

#20 ·
well im just wanting to know what im looking at. i know ill never have the fasted sohc car but want to have one of the faster on vtec setups you know?
i want mine to be all out of my pocket so just a fun car to have im thinking ill be happy with around 325ish??

#23 ·
Not with that stock cam hate to tell you thats one of the biggest choke points on that motor and have fun man. There are a few of us trying to big power with a y7. It can be done and will be done but Im going OS valves and alot of port work. I do know the block in Seans car is a Y7 I have seen the car in person just forgot to look at the head to see if it was a vtec head or not. But his car is a monster to say the least.

#26 ·
yeah, i coulda swore dude in my town was on stock y7 cam, he made 360whp?

#28 ·
thanks for all the heads up.... illl do the bottom end then tune for that .... then slow do a head job with another head and see where that goes. not sure yet i might go vtec not sure yet lol i havent drove the car in over a year so i want to get it done but done right. when i get more parts and what not ill make a thread about my set up :bigok:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.